The Department of Agriculture, Environment and Rural Affairs (DAERA) has announced it will open up a free soil sampling and analysis scheme for farmers in parts of Co. Tyrone and Fermanagh.
The soil sampling service will provide participating farmers with detailed information on their soils, such as pH level and nutrient requirements for, Phosphorus (P) and Potassium (K).
How To Apply
There will be two components to the scheme:
- Component 1 will be aimed at farmers within the six sub-catchments within the Colebrooke Water Bodies;
- Component 2 will be aimed at farmers within four sub-catchments of the Strule Water Bodies. To be eligible for this year’s scheme:
- You must have a DAERA Farm Business ID number;
- You must be a farmer registered in Northern Ireland with fields within one of the 10 sub-catchments;
- You must provide the mandatory information required on the registration form;
- To apply, or request further details on the scheme visit the project’s page on the AFBI website.
Online registration for the scheme is currently open and will close at 12 noon on Friday, August 17.